|So this feature, much like my last one, is all about Frost and Stories. These are my two big baddies for the story. Of course you all know Pitch *applause* and the ravishing woman next to him is Pandora 'm featuring this for a good number of reasons. Let's list them, shall we?|
1. How well the cannon "beings" turned out. Now, granted, there were a good number of references used (screenshots) so that is where I owe a lot of credit, but the references were only for certain bits couldn't get right. For the Nightmares it was for the pose and such, because even though I can mostly draw horses now, Nightmares are a bit wonky. And for Pitch it was so I could get his nose right and so I could see just where the shadows fell on him.
2. The hand. You know which one I'm talking about, it's right there in the middle. Yes I did use a reference of my own hand for the sketch of it, I'll admit to that. However, I'm still dang proud of it!
3. The pendant/necklace/gem. I don't even know how I managed to pull that off. I looked up tutorials on gems and jewels, but they were all for digital media so I took the basic concept and sort of transmuted it into colored pencils. My biggest issue was how light refracted off of it and things like that, and the tutorials helped, so, thank you deviants who uploaded those!
4. The technique I used for the Nightmare Sand. Now, what I did wasn't necessarily a new fangled thing, because it's the same way I color everything, but it came out spectacularly and for that I am astounded. I have no doubt that the grain was part of what made it come out so well, but it worked out fantastically and that makes me happy. It really looks like the nightmare sand, and it impresses even me ^^
5. The beings featured within the pic. I have actually put a lot of thought and time into creating Pandora and her evil scheme and how it effects Story and the plot of FnS. Her scheming is intrinsic to the storyline and even though it evolved as I wrote, it's become nearly inseparable. The interactions between them is thought out and I'm really proud of the amount of work I put into their character(s)... and of course they look fabulous.
6. The layout. Most of you who've seen my traditional work before know that there's no border or anything and the characters sort of float on the page. I decided to do things a little differently this time. I'd say it worked out swimmingly ^^ I wanted to mimic the shape of the necklace/locket, hence the oval, and I knew I wanted them framed by Fearlings and Nightmares. I was going to put some sort of background in, if only a color, but in the end I left it white.
7. The theme. This was created for a Halloween RotG collab that features works featuring ocs, set to the song "This is Halloween" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. First of all, I read the collab theme and I was like "Where do I sign up?" because to be completely honest, this was basically MADE for me. Okay? But the first entry I did was the heroes (objectively speaking ) And this time it was the villains
8. And finally, the response. Since posting this, I've gotten a fairly good response (which makes me happy^^) So I decided to feature it to give it more exposure (though I think Pandora's top is exposing enough for everyone lol).
Outcast Odyssey Card Master ChallengeOutcast Odyssey Card Master Challenge by madizzlee
How To EnterOfficial RulesPrizesView EntriesSubmit EntryAsset Page
Your Art In The Game!
Create a new Steampunk Warrior, Witch/Warlock, or Dragon/Monster that belongs in the adventurous fantasy
Current Residence: my mind|
Favourite genre of music: country
Favourite photographer: amateur=me
Favourite style of art: traditional/digital
MP3 player of choice: ... i-Pod......
Favourite cartoon character: Naruto Uzamaki
Personal Quote: "unique" doesn't even begin to describe what I am.
Alright, so, At the current time, Requests are CLOSED. Trades are negotiable. Commissions will be opened as soon as I'm done with my current list of to-do's.