|So this feature, much like my last one, is all about Frost and Stories. These are my two big baddies for the story. Of course you all know Pitch *applause* and the ravishing woman next to him is Pandora 'm featuring this for a good number of reasons. Let's list them, shall we?|
1. How well the cannon "beings" turned out. Now, granted, there were a good number of references used (screenshots) so that is where I owe a lot of credit, but the references were only for certain bits couldn't get right. For the Nightmares it was for the pose and such, because even though I can mostly draw horses now, Nightmares are a bit wonky. And for Pitch it was so I could get his nose right and so I could see just where the shadows fell on him.
2. The hand. You know which one I'm talking about, it's right there in the middle. Yes I did use a reference of my own hand for the sketch of it, I'll admit to that. However, I'm still dang proud of it!
3. The pendant/necklace/gem. I don't even know how I managed to pull that off. I looked up tutorials on gems and jewels, but they were all for digital media so I took the basic concept and sort of transmuted it into colored pencils. My biggest issue was how light refracted off of it and things like that, and the tutorials helped, so, thank you deviants who uploaded those!
4. The technique I used for the Nightmare Sand. Now, what I did wasn't necessarily a new fangled thing, because it's the same way I color everything, but it came out spectacularly and for that I am astounded. I have no doubt that the grain was part of what made it come out so well, but it worked out fantastically and that makes me happy. It really looks like the nightmare sand, and it impresses even me ^^
5. The beings featured within the pic. I have actually put a lot of thought and time into creating Pandora and her evil scheme and how it effects Story and the plot of FnS. Her scheming is intrinsic to the storyline and even though it evolved as I wrote, it's become nearly inseparable. The interactions between them is thought out and I'm really proud of the amount of work I put into their character(s)... and of course they look fabulous.
6. The layout. Most of you who've seen my traditional work before know that there's no border or anything and the characters sort of float on the page. I decided to do things a little differently this time. I'd say it worked out swimmingly ^^ I wanted to mimic the shape of the necklace/locket, hence the oval, and I knew I wanted them framed by Fearlings and Nightmares. I was going to put some sort of background in, if only a color, but in the end I left it white.
7. The theme. This was created for a Halloween RotG collab that features works featuring ocs, set to the song "This is Halloween" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. First of all, I read the collab theme and I was like "Where do I sign up?" because to be completely honest, this was basically MADE for me. Okay? But the first entry I did was the heroes (objectively speaking ) And this time it was the villains
8. And finally, the response. Since posting this, I've gotten a fairly good response (which makes me happy^^) So I decided to feature it to give it more exposure (though I think Pandora's top is exposing enough for everyone lol).
He Who Holds the Key When she was thirteen years old, her mom brought her along to a pawn shop. Her mom was selling the engagement ring from her first marriage to pay for her new one to the man who was Haley's soon to be step-dad, her real dad having died when she was a toddler. While her mom was bartering with the clerk, Haley wandered the aisles aimlessly. Tucked away inside of one of the cases was a small heart that caught her eye. She leaned in closer to get a better look and saw that the heart had a key shape cut out of it, as well as some writing etched into it. One of the other clerks saw her looking and came over, offering to bring the heart out for her. Once Haley had it in her had she saw that it was a dingy copper color, and the writing on it said 'He who holds the key canHe Who Holds the Key by annamae411
Protectors: the meeting When I first saw the two girls emerge from Inked Vibes I never thought they'd walk across to the diner. But the titanic redhead grabbed the heir's arm and towed her across the street and straight for the front door. I ducked back into the kitchen before they even reached the opposite sidewalk. A small flicker of nervousness sparked in my stomach. This wasn't the first time I'd had to play a part when first meeting and heir but it had been over a century since the last time. I was a bit out of practice.Protectors: the meeting by annamae411
I heard the door open and one of them began speaking to Edna, the waitress who was there most days. Edna was in her late forties but looked older from the many ways she'd neglected to take care of herself over the years. She had a habit of caking on her make-up to the point of almost looking like a clown. But she was nice, she liked to mother people. I can't say that I minded, it was ni
Current Residence: my mind|
Favourite genre of music: country
Favourite photographer: amateur=me
Favourite style of art: traditional/digital
MP3 player of choice: ... i-Pod......
Favourite cartoon character: Naruto Uzamaki
Personal Quote: "unique" doesn't even begin to describe what I am.
Alright, so, At the current time, Requests are CLOSED. Trades are negotiable. Commissions will be opened as soon as I'm done with my current list of to-do's.