|So this feature, much like my last one, is all about Frost and Stories. These are my two big baddies for the story. Of course you all know Pitch *applause* and the ravishing woman next to him is Pandora 'm featuring this for a good number of reasons. Let's list them, shall we?|
1. How well the cannon "beings" turned out. Now, granted, there were a good number of references used (screenshots) so that is where I owe a lot of credit, but the references were only for certain bits couldn't get right. For the Nightmares it was for the pose and such, because even though I can mostly draw horses now, Nightmares are a bit wonky. And for Pitch it was so I could get his nose right and so I could see just where the shadows fell on him.
2. The hand. You know which one I'm talking about, it's right there in the middle. Yes I did use a reference of my own hand for the sketch of it, I'll admit to that. However, I'm still dang proud of it!
3. The pendant/necklace/gem. I don't even know how I managed to pull that off. I looked up tutorials on gems and jewels, but they were all for digital media so I took the basic concept and sort of transmuted it into colored pencils. My biggest issue was how light refracted off of it and things like that, and the tutorials helped, so, thank you deviants who uploaded those!
4. The technique I used for the Nightmare Sand. Now, what I did wasn't necessarily a new fangled thing, because it's the same way I color everything, but it came out spectacularly and for that I am astounded. I have no doubt that the grain was part of what made it come out so well, but it worked out fantastically and that makes me happy. It really looks like the nightmare sand, and it impresses even me ^^
5. The beings featured within the pic. I have actually put a lot of thought and time into creating Pandora and her evil scheme and how it effects Story and the plot of FnS. Her scheming is intrinsic to the storyline and even though it evolved as I wrote, it's become nearly inseparable. The interactions between them is thought out and I'm really proud of the amount of work I put into their character(s)... and of course they look fabulous.
6. The layout. Most of you who've seen my traditional work before know that there's no border or anything and the characters sort of float on the page. I decided to do things a little differently this time. I'd say it worked out swimmingly ^^ I wanted to mimic the shape of the necklace/locket, hence the oval, and I knew I wanted them framed by Fearlings and Nightmares. I was going to put some sort of background in, if only a color, but in the end I left it white.
7. The theme. This was created for a Halloween RotG collab that features works featuring ocs, set to the song "This is Halloween" from the Nightmare Before Christmas. First of all, I read the collab theme and I was like "Where do I sign up?" because to be completely honest, this was basically MADE for me. Okay? But the first entry I did was the heroes (objectively speaking ) And this time it was the villains
8. And finally, the response. Since posting this, I've gotten a fairly good response (which makes me happy^^) So I decided to feature it to give it more exposure (though I think Pandora's top is exposing enough for everyone lol).
The Best Thing I Took From School 15 years stuck sitting at a deskThe Best Thing I Took From School by annamae411
Endless thoughts got pounded in my head
7 hours a day
Filling up my brain
Everything they thought I’d ever need
Minute math still pulls its weight sometimes
English helps me when I need a rhyme
Every class I had
Frost and Stories: part 30 "Pitch!" I was teed off. Ticked. Pissed. Downright mad. Yeah, Pitch may be the obvious choice and he could be the scapegoat, but he probably knew about the disappearing immortals long before I had - hell probably before the Guardians had - and his tactful avoidance of me basically told me that he did know something. "You've got some explaining to do!" There were Fearlings and Nightmares wandering around. They were still a little unnerving to be near, but for the most part they left me alone. I guess you could say they were used to me. My second time in the Lair they basically tackled me in an almost feral manner the moment I stepped out of the tunnel. I had to fight them off while Pitch stood watching the whole thing with a sFrost and Stories: part 30 by annamae411
Noah Do you have any idea how perfect you are? Do you? Any idea at all? After a sea of disappointments where I felt nothing and was relieved when they cut ties because I didn't to be the mean hearted one and beat them to the punch. After all that you show up right under my nose - literally. In the art gallery when I held the door for you and jokingly called you a pack mule because of how much you were carrying. When I saw the silhouette of Eren Jaeger in a collage and fangirled all over it and you got excited too because you'd seen Attack on Titan and you knew how awesome of a show it is. And when I was bored in between classes a few days later and hung out with you in the ceramics room and we conversed about anime for the majority of the time. At the time I never imagined what you'd be to me now.Noah by annamae411
At that point I thought you'd be like everyone else I've befriended over the years in simil
Hello world, internet, and deviants! Wow, I haven’t written a journal or uploaded anything since December, really. It seems as if I’m slacking XD. Ok, time for a glimpse behind the scenes, so to speak. I have been working on FnS, Protectors, PTB, and all of my other stories… one sentence at a time. I’ve been going through bouts where I’m really inspired but only for the next paragraph or so, to make it worse, I’ve been having a problem with sta.sh where either the type isn’t showing up real time and it’s delaying for up to and upwards of ten minutes at a time… so I have to sit and wait for it to catch up before I can type any more and it’s a huge hassle and annoying as hell. Either that or, more recently, not all of the letters I type are showing up, so I have to go back and retype basically everything… which is even more annoying when my computer is also doing the time lapse thing So yes, I’m working on them, but when I’m typing up more, I’ve been getting frustrated and fed up and I end up just calling it a night and going to bed I’m actually typing this off-site just so I can say anything at all :/
As far as art goes, I’ve also been working on shtuffs. I’ve been working on a clothing meme that includes either 54 or 56 outfits… I don’t even remember how many at this point XD But anyway, I’ve gotten more than half of them lined and once all of the drawings and line-arts are done I will begin the process of coloring all 54-56 pieces. What have I gotten myself into? Also, I am still working on my 30 day monster girls, but I’ve taken a short hiatus because of the meme and life and such. As well, I’ve entered an art contest where you draw any mythological creature while portraying some emotion. I am very excited to finish mine because I just got a new sketch book that I am christening with this piece
I also had a scare about two months ago where I lost my colored pencil bag. Now I know that doesn’t sound too bad, but ALL of my supplies are in that bag. My pens for line-arts, my really good erasers, my pencils (which I didn’t really care about because I just use #2 pencils for the sketches), and my colored pencils which are my primary form of coloring any of my pieces. “Oh how many pencils could you possibly have?” Says the random passerby. Over a hundred says I. I’ve been accumulating colored pencils throughout the course of my entire life… I’m 21. Every single piece I’ve ever uploaded to this site - or really ever done – that wasn’t in a different media, was done with those pencils. From that slightly cruddy and very heavy handed angel demon padamon thing from about seven years ago, to the Valentine’s Day thing I did this year. ALL of them. Plus I’ve spent I don’t know how long learning just the right way to use each specific brand and which colors work together and how to really use my media… of which I consider myself not necessarily a master but definitely over intermediate level. So loosing that bag scared me because not only did it have all of my materials – which I would have to re-build which would cost mucho mullah – but the materials inside have been with me not just as long as I’ve considered myself an artist, but almost as long as I’ve been alive for about ten of them. But thank god, I found the dang thing, but it set me back about three weeks or a month while it was MIA.
Also, one other thing has been taking up a lot of my attention lately. My boyfriend. We’ve been dating for almost three months now and we met back at the beginning of December. I’ve been spending an insane amount of time with him and it’s funny because we already argue like an old married couple XD But since I’ve met him and been hanging out – before and after we started dating – I haven’t really felt the need to write or draw or… you know. And I kinda know why. It’s – in part – because, when I started writing my stories in the first place, it was – partly – because I was lonely really really deep down. And my ocs are important to me. They’re my friends and my family and they’re real. To me. I’ve always felt like I had an obligation to them to keep caring about them and keep working on their stories and on them and someday share them with others – you know, since I made them. Because, if I ever stop caring or working or trying to share them with others, then they cease to exist because if they’re as real as they are to me, what right do I have to let them fade out of existence. And in return for my dedication to them, they provided me with something I really, truly needed and need. Company. Connection. Someone to talk to when I feel like crap who’s gonna cheer me up. Someone who I get excited with about things. Someone who I can really live with. They’re just like characters in books, but they’re mine and their stories are as of yet unwritten so they’re more important. And I care about them… but… Since I’ve met Noah… I’m not lonely anymore. I have someone to literally talk to when I’m mad or sad or what have you. I have someone to while away the hours with without regretting the time wasted. I have a flesh and blood person to just – be around, who cares about me and who I have actually let in far enough to where I care about him too… And because of him, I don’t need to spend every waking hour with my ocs. And I feel bad about that, like I’m shunning my friends, but it’s true. I don’t need to work on their lives like I used to. But I still want to. So I’m writing a sentence here, a paragraph there – when my computer lets me – and it’s slow going but it’s still going. I’m sorry to everyone who cares for the seven month wait on the next chapter of FnS, but I’m actually stuck a little at the moment XD… well I was, except my computer has been acting up :/ I figured out most of the transition to the next section – which had been previously eluding me – but when I tried to type it out, the lapse happened as well as some of the missing letters.
So yeah, I just thought I’d give everyone an update and let u guys know that stuff IS happening, just at a glacial pace I still have to find a balance between needing to write for my own sake and wanting to write for theirs, but I’ll find it.
Oh! On another note, I may be getting a new job! I have an interview tomorrow morning at one of the stores in my mall. I really hope I can land it because I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t even care enough to pretend to care about McDonalds anymore -_- Two years is MORE than long enough, thank you very much!
Current Residence: my mind|
Favourite genre of music: country
Favourite photographer: amateur=me
Favourite style of art: traditional/digital
MP3 player of choice: ... i-Pod......
Favourite cartoon character: Naruto Uzamaki
Personal Quote: "unique" doesn't even begin to describe what I am.
Alright, so, At the current time, Requests are CLOSED. Trades are negotiable. Commissions will be opened as soon as I'm done with my current list of to-do's.